- 1 1/2 cup Mushrooms (sliced or cut in quarters)
- 1 tbsp Flour
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 2 Shallots, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup Porto or Dry red wine
- 1 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup Beef broth
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp Tomato paste
- 1 tsp Fresh rosemary, finely chopped (or 1/2 tsp dry rosemary)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
Place mushrooms in a bowl and mix delicately with flour, so that they are well covered. In a large saucepan, on high heat, heat up the oil and butter. Add shallots and fry for approx 2 minutes. Pour porto (or red wine), balsamic vinegar, beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, tomato paste and rosemary and mix well. Add mushroom mix and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and let simmer for approximately 5 minutes.
Pour over a cooked steak or Roast Beef slices in each plate.