- 1 medium musk melon (the orange-fleshed variety)
- 12 slices of Parma Ham
- a handful of rocket
- freshly milled black pepper
- fruity olive oil
- Bring the melon to room temperature then halve it, scoop out the pips and slice each half in 4 – 6 slim wedges. Peel the wedges.
- Arrange a handful of rocket leaves on a plate and top with the melon wedges. Drape the Parma ham slices over and in between the melon.
- Parmesan leafs around
- Serve. Swoon. But do first pass around the pepper mill and olive oil.
- Serves 6 as a generous starter, 12 as an appetiser.