- 450g Strong flour
- 6g Salt
- 12g Fresh yeast
- 10g Sugar
- 250ml Water (at 37 C)
- 225g Butter
- Sieve the flour
- Using a little of water make a ferment by mixing yeast,sugar and flour(just enough to have a runny mixture).Leave to activate in a warm place.
- Add the rest of ingredients mixing into an elastic dough.
- Rest for a while(about 20 min)
- Roll out and envelope the butter(dough and butter need to be at the same temperature)
- Give 4 single turns resting for at least 30 min after every single turn
- Rest before use
- Roll out and cut into triangles.While stretching the base roll into croissant shape.
- Egg wash and then bake in hot oven(200 C) until golden.
Recipe makes 1kg dough enough for about 16 croissants